TECHNOLOGY DUE DILIGENCE
Copperpod analyzes existing hardware and software systems and processes owned by the seller to provide you a clear and detailed view of the seller's architecture, growth plans and the investment that such growth will require.
1. Architectural Overview
2. Hardware owned/leased
3. Different languages and skills required for scaling the products
4. Developer documentation, agreements and manuals
5. Third Party tools and platforms used
6. Version Control and Backup Policies
7. Information Security and Storage
8. Ongoing or Planned Migrations
9. Alternative Products
CODE QUALITY AUDIT
Copperpod conducts a deep review of software products to provide key metrics on code quality - helping clients assess their investment on the following four parameters:
EASE OF MAINTENANCE
In particular, we raise red flags based on the following important metrics:
1. Code-to-Comment Ratio (for maintenance, bug-fixing and on-boarding of new developers)
2. Code Complexity (bench-marked against industry averages)
3. Copyright, Confidentiality and Authorship markings
4. Open Source to Proprietary Code Ratio (how much of the product is truly innovative?)
5. Restrictive and Conflicting Licenses (for example, using certain open source modules may require the entire product to be open source and made available to the public in source code form)
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AUDIT
An accurate assessment of a company's intellectual property is seldom straightforward. Our intellectual property audit investigates existence, ownership and market potential for all patents, trademarks, trade secrets and other intellectual property owned by the seller.
IP Becomes Even More Integral To M&A Due Diligence
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are transactions in which the ownership of companies, other business organizations, or their operating units are transferred or consolidated with other entities. As an aspect of strategic management, M&A can allow enterprises to grow or downsize, and change the nature of their business or competitive position.